Join our India Volunteeer Trip
Our objective on our India volunteer trip is fourfold:
- we aim to carry out our mission of transforming underserved communities in India by inspiring and enabling remarkable individuals to pursue their dreams
- we strive for a meaningful, authentic cultural exchange between our volunteers and the communities we are serving
- we travel throughout India so that our volunteers have an opportunity to see the beautiful country
- we want to have fun as India volunteers
Our goal is to make a positive difference in the lives of the people of these communities while also impacting the lives of our India volunteers..
Why you should volunteer In India:
- Transform the lives of hopeful children and their families
- Join approximately 15-20 other volunteer travelers
- Help to improve school sites and teach environmental awareness
- Engage in cultural activities such as fairs, home visits and henna decorating
- Be embraced by the people and their culture
- Explore Indian sights
- Hike the Himalayas
Impact the Community while Volunteering in India
Himachal Pradesh is India's northern most state covered by the spectacular Himalayan Mountains. Palampur sits an hour from Dharamsala, the exiled homeland of the Dalai Lama. It's tucked into the Himalayas, and features a roaring river running through it. The people of Palampur are eager to share their culture with you and learn about yours. There is no shortage of need here, so take the magical journey to India.
Come help us to educate the children on how to maintain and strengthen their environment, as well as provide them with greater opportunities in their future.
Your desire to empower young people in the developing world to achieve their potential is made possible through these service projects. Focusing on education, economic development and community engagement, Dream Volunteers implements sustainable development projects. These projects include, school improvement and beautification, library creation, direct classroom instruction, organizing games and activities with children, establishing community-owned businesses and spreading environmental awareness. Family trips typically involve more play-based activities and classroom exercises than manual labor projects.
Trip Benefits and Cultural Exposure
When you're not engaged in meaningful volunteer work, you'll want to immerse yourself in the rich culture and the breathtaking sights of India. You'll visit the Taj Mahal, explore the exiled home of the Dalai Lama (Dharamsala), learn basic Hindi phrases, play with the local children, and visit the homes Palampur families.
Travel and Cultural Activities
- Welcome reception
- Tour a tea plantation
- Travel to the Himalayas
- Henna decorating
- Learn basic Hindi phrases
- Visit the exiled homeland of the Dalai Lama
- Activity fair with children
- Tour the Taj Mahal
- Going-away Party
Volunteer Housing in India
Dream Volunteers uses a large group guest house in Palampur. The guest house is made up of several bedrooms with private bathrooms. Some are western-style bathrooms and others are Indian-style. The conditions are clean, safe, and modest. You will sleep on a twin bed. Your food will all be freshly prepared by experienced staff that uses safe techniques to prevent any food-borne illnesses. The meals will range from typical Indian dishes with chicken or tofu, rice, lentils and naan to American-style food like pizza and pasta. There is TV/DVD at the house to watch movies as well as Internet service. There is also a decent sized common room for social hours. The house is a very short drive from the center of Palampur, which is full of restaurants, shops and cafes. Our drivers will be happy to take you during free time.
- Safe, secure facilities
- Centrally located
- Private rooms
- Safe, clean drinking water
- Stomach-friendly home cooked meals
- Hot water
- Trained staff
- Authentic cultural environment
Services on the India Trip
With several years experience running volunteer trips, Dream Volunteers has developed a successful formula for ensuring that its participants are safe and enjoying the experience they expect. Dream Volunteers partners with Idex to provide logistical support. Idex was founded by social entrepreneurs with a knack for customer service and sustainable social work. The Idex staff is full of professionally trained veterans, and their attention to detail proves it. We will ensure that all your needs are met.
- Cultural Activities
- Volunteer work coordination
- Daily Transportation
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Assigned group leader
- 24-hour emergency contact
India Volunteer Trip
Dream Volunteers provides you the opportunity to join a scheduled service trip with other volunteers. Dream Volunteers also runs family trips that are specifically designed for parents with young children or teens. Alternatively, you may decide to customize a trip with us for your group or yourself. Regardless of who you are, there is a trip for you. There are specially designed trips for families, others for students, and still others for adults of all ages. If you have a group, school, organization, or club for which you would like to plan a trip, please contact us.
India Custom Trip
Contact Us to design your trip today
You can create a trip according to your exact needs with Dream Volunteers. If you represent a group, school, club, organization or you simply want a trip that’s different than what you see listed, then customize a trip with us. If you want a longer stay, different date, or different activities than our listed programs Dream Volunteers will design the trip that fits your needs. You will be confident that all logistics are covered and trip components are organized.
- Arrange for large groups
- Pick your dates
- Choose your volunteer project
- Select your housing type
- Plan your length of stay
- Build in special activities (such as language lessons or cultural classes)
- Ensure service-learning principles are incorporated
- Anything else that you will need for your perfect volunteer trip